Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Gourry32

Ok first I know this is the hardware section but because of the nature of my question this is the best place I feel it should go.

I am upgrading my motherboard and CPU from Asus M4A88TD-V EVO\USB 3(Xtreme Design) ATX AMD Mobo and an Amd Athlon II x2 250 3.0 Ghz, to ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard and a Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Now all hardware does work but my issue seems to be a software issue, more likely than Win7 64 bit which I need to get a hold of the disc my brother has(was a family pack thing). Anyway my question is pretty simple I hope.

Without doing a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit, is it possible in any form to get the new mobo and cpu working like maybe using the repair method or installing over the current installed win 7 Os so I do not have to back-up a ton of data and re-install lots of programs? Also is there any other work-around that might help.

I do have a 1 Tb external Hdd I plan to backup my C; drive with either way but it would be great if I did not have to do a fresh install.

Again sorry if this is in the part of the forums.

Just back it up, bite the bullet, and reinstall Windows to get things right. An intel mb is not going to work right with the AMD drivers installed.

Back