Upgrading graphics card

I have AMD HD 5830 card. I want to upgrade it.

pc specs:
Intel i5 760 2.8GHz quad core
Gigabyte P55UD3R motherboard (PCI Exp 2)
2 x 4GB DDR3 ram 1333 MHz.
22" LCD monitor max res 1920X1080p

Which best card can I have so that cpu and mobo dont create bottleneck.

What card are you considering? The CPU will bottleneck newer cards like the GTX 760, from what I've seen.

I'd recommend overclocking the CPU (they OC like champs with a decent cooler) to around 3.5GHz or so. That should eliminate any chance of a bottleneck.

What card are you considering? The CPU will bottleneck newer cards like the GTX 760, from what I've seen.

I'd recommend overclocking the CPU (they OC like champs with a decent cooler) to around 3.5GHz or so. That should eliminate any chance of a bottleneck.

They wont bottleneck the card as bad as something like a Core 2 Duo.

Since the i5 is a quad core, you should be fine, just OC like Rage said.

What is your budget for the GPU? What games do you plan on playing?

I would like to play games like Tomb raider, battlefield 4, assassins creed on max settings..
my budget is around 300 - 350 $.

I am considering gtx 760 and amd 7950

I would like to play games like Tomb raider, battlefield 4, assassins creed on max settings..
my budget is around 300 - 350 $.

I am considering gtx 760 and amd 7950

The GTX 760 probably cant play BF4 at max settings at launch, but once the drivers mature, it may be able to. You will have to wait till benchmarks are released to be sure. I would recommend a GTX 770, but that is $400. That would play BF4 at max settings (I am speculating, but looking at current games, it seems accurate). I recommend investing $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler so that you can OC your CPU.

At the budget of 3-350 dollars you can get a HD 7970 by gigabyte that has their 3 fan cooler and starting at 1ghz Here. Or if you want to save a little more, the Powercolor one is cheaper Here (Though I would get the gigabyte one personally). With a game like BF4, playing at max will be difficult until the driver optimization like JC713 said however the Demo shown at E3 had it running ultra with 2 HD 7970's (Meaning with one you should get pretty good FPS on high to close to ultra range) along with Tomb Raider running pretty well on one of those cards. As for Assasins creed, it is optimized for the NVidia platform, but one 7970 will be enough to get you good FPS in it (Its really only CFX where it gives issues).

That's my recommendation, the HD 7970 performs on par with a GTX 770 and over a GTX 760 in benchmarking and has high overclockability.

Sanjeev, if you can wait a few months, AMD will release their new 8000 series (or a different name), and those may be a better choice. If they are not, the prices of the 7970 will plummet.

Bf4 and assasins creed are not released yet so I am in no hurrry to buy new card.. I think waiting will be good. After these games are released and banchmarks come I will be able to make better choice..
Thanks everyone.

The next gen AMD cards are coming in late Sept but wont be available till a month later (guessing).

Back