Not open for further replies.
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.09.00.0902 (DirectX 9.0b)
Computer Name YOUR-C8BH3JAGLT
User Name oWnAge

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 330, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name MSI Gamila/Giovani/Neon Series
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845GEV
System Memory 759 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (05/17/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics
Monitor Compaq FS7600 [17" CRT] (CNN4250HGR)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(r) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller-24CB
Disk Drive WDC WD800BB-22FJA1 (74 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
Optical Drive _NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD (DVD:8x/4x/12x, CD:32x/24x/40x DVD+RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 72130 MB (54809 MB free)
D: (FAT32) 4170 MB (688 MB free)
Total Size 74.5 GB (54.2 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Compaq PS2 Keyboard (2K - 3)
Mouse Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

Network:
Network Adapter Efficient Networks Enternet P.P.P.o.E Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Network Adapter Microsoft TV/Video Connection (5.0.1.0)
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Modem Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Fax
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 Controller Intel 82801DB ICH4 - USB Controller [B-0]
USB2 Controller Intel 82801DB ICH4 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [B-0]
USB Device Logitech Microphone (Messenger)
USB Device Logitech QuickCam Messenger
USB Device Logitech USB Camera (Messenger)
USB Device Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical
USB Device TI RNDIS Network Adapter
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

Ok this is my system specs and was wondering what i really need to upgrade to get a much better system within the price range of 800-1200$

I don't think you have to spend near that much money to upgrade your system.

What is the purpose of the upgrade?

What are you going to be using the computer for mainly?

You already have a decent amount of RAM.

If you really want to boost up your performance, you could stick another GIG of RAM in there. That should run you about $80 to $100.

I see you only have Service Pack 1. I would install Service Pack 2 from Microsoft. That's free.

You could get a second HD Let's say another 100 gigs. That might run you $40. This depends if you need more storage or not.

I would definately upgrade that video card. I would get maybe a 256MB card. That should run you about $100.

Get rid of that CRT and get a Flat Panel Monitor. $200

That's all I would do but it all depends on what you are looking for.

Grand total = $440

Good Luck!

Well what do you do with the comptuer I argee with A Dogg on his upgrading chocies ut it depends on what you use it for becuase its a celeron cpu maybe get a p4 or a lower end dual core there cheaper compared to the core 2 duo's

my mobo doesnt have pci express on it, im using my computer for gaming and it plays warcraft 3 exp. /diablo 2 / WoW (average 10-30 fps)/and im hoping to play some of the more intensive games but im not to tech savy. As you can see i already upgraded RaM
so i think i need a new mobo ? if so do i need to do a clean install with windows xp?
i play steam games source and such and my fps is bad so i think its time to upgrade so any suggestions im a competitive gamer somewhat in Natural Selection And cs 1.6 and my comp runs half-life 1 type games just fine and gets sluggish in source so i usually don't play it http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...etails.asp?EdpNo=1908186&sku=MBM-A8N32SD-4800 this is the mobo and cpu i was looking at is it compatible to change mine ?

Is this a store bought computer? You may not be able to replace the mobo and cpu because of limited space in the case and an under-powered power supply. The motherboard you have should take a P4 upgrade(socket 478) and extra gig of RAM. If you have an AGP slot there are still some good AGP cards out.

i went through the internetz on my mobo and its agp slots are inactive for some reason, it is a store bought comp the highest graphics card this mobo can handle is geforce 5700 .....and its hard to find so i will have to get it off ebay or something.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1697052&CatId=0
something like that will work ?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1819049&CatId=0
would that bottle neck ??? for so much power?

well if your planing on spending 800-1200 I persoaly would just buy a new computer because you might spend more upgrading the comptuer than you paid for it also I was going to upgrde one of my old ones but whihc was a higher end cpu becuase it too was a celeron and more ram also a graphics card cuz it too was intergrates and it would have costed more than I paid for it so I jsut bought a new system and I'm so glad a did about 3 months fter I bought my new system the one I was going to upgrade the motherboard went out in it and would cost 300-400 to fix it so im so lucky. So yeah if you plan on upgrading all that your best bet is to just buy a new system it will be a lot easier in the long run

I agree with him. Just salvage what you can from you excisiting system: optical drives, floppy, hdd... And just build a new one.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back