Upgrading HP a340a Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,

I am new to this forum and was hoping for a little guidance if someone has the time. Unfortunately I am unluck enough to have an oldish HP pc that has one of those average onboard viseo chips. The system only comes with PCI slots no AGP so I opted for an ATI Radeon 7500 128MB PCI Card that "apparently" should plug and play. I tried this and the monitor stayed black, however more alarmingly there was a series of quick beeps from the internal speaker as if there was a problem picking up the card at all. I had the monitor hooked up to the new card at the time also. I then removed the card and checked the BIOS - it automatically picked up the PCI device and changed to that from the onboard. No matter what I do the system will not recognise the card. I even tried installing the card on another suitable PC however had the same result of a few quick beeps. Does this sound like a faulty card to those out there?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Given that you've had the same results on two seperate systems, yes, I would bet on a defective VPU. Hopefully it's covered?

Thanks Zenosincks,

It was a brand new unit - Via e-bay seller. I have contacted him and I'll see what he says. So, doesn't sound like a system issue to you? Eveything always works on it and haven't had any problems like this.

Regards,

More often than not BIOS beeps are tied to RAM or VPU issues. If you've had the same results on two PC's, I'd definitely bet on a defective VPU.

The fact that you just said you got it off of Ebay sort of solidifies it. Ebay is a very shaky place to buy PC components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back