Upgrading Video Card for my Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobdeep11

I'm not a huge gamer and there is only one game that I want to be able to run on my desktop (Microsoft Flight Simulator X). I love aviation and this is really the only game that I want to run on my desktop.

Here is my system:
1. Dell Dimension 1100 Series, Intel Cleron D Processor 325 (2.53GHz) and 256 cache
2. 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
3. Integrated Intel 3D AGP Graphics
4. 160GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200RPM)

What do I need in order to have an enjoyable gaming experience with Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

I want the game to run smoothly on my desktop with graphics that aren't distorted.

Please inform me as to what I need for upgrades (Type of upgrade exact make and model, where I can purchase, and the price that I should pay)

I don't want to spend a lot of money, enough to help me run this game and have an enjoyable time playing it without any hick-ups.

You will want a new graphics card but im fairly sure your pc only has pci slots!!!!

System Requirements

Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 / Vista
PC with 1 GHz equivalent or higher processor
256 MB of system RAM for Windows XP SP2 / 512 MB Vista
14 GB available hard disk space
DVD-ROM drive
32 MB DirectX 9 compatible video card required
Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play
Look like Flight Simulator X doesnot require many things. Your system should run this game well at this moment.

I have the game and it takes a long time to load the scenery. I want the detailed graphics and the game to load and run smoothly.

The card will help towards the graphics and yes it is DirectX 9.0 compatible, so it will work for sure. In addition, if u want smoother gameplay and faster loading times, try upping ur RAM to 1GB. You will definitely notice a decrease in loading times and faster overall performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back