USB devices cause reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly everytime i connect a device (ipod, cell phone, memory stick) to a usb port on my computer it will instantly reboot, then in most cases if i leave the device in while rebooting it will work fine when windows restarts, however when its my sisters ipod nano the computer will again reboot right away when i log into one of the user accounts.. Any help would be appreciated, this is an aggrevating problem

I have the CD to reinstall the drivers that came with the computer.. anyone think it would work to reinstall the USB Port 2.0 driver?

go into bios and disable onboard usb devise until you can find drivers for it, usually there are drivers for usb devices.

paul7600 said:
I have the CD to reinstall the drivers that came with the computer.. anyone think it would work to reinstall the USB Port 2.0 driver?

I do not think any driver that came with the computer will help as the USB Port 2.0 drivers come with WINDOWS XP 2 for the upgrade or install as the case may be.

Not a likely cause, though since your problem is intermittent, it is worth checking out: Have you tried a different USB cable for these devices? Could be a problem with the cable and that is easy and quick to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back