USB Hub Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay_love_84

hey
i have a problem suddenly with my usb ports. when i connect a flash drive or a bluetooth device it won't even detect the light also doesn't come on.... but when i insert my mp3 player into the usb slot it the pc detects it and its fine. tht is because there is a battery in the mp3 player.. now with the information i have provided i think the usb ports have stopped providing power to them.......

i have tried re-installing the drivers for the usb by uninstalling the driver frm device manager and restarting the pc.. sumone plz help me out ...

and this might be due to sum wrong registry or deleted registry entries...

Hi

What happens if you take the battery out of the MP3 player, your right it may be a power issue, however there isnt a cure for that other than a new board.

Regards

If its a hub like in your topic it will need to be powered for a lot of devices to work. Even cheap hubs come with power adapters, hook it up. If yours didn't you just won't be able to use it with some devices. Plug those devices directly into your computer.

when i take the battery out, my pc doesnot detect the mp3 player..

how do i plug them directly to my computer.... and yea its was alright earlier... now it has stopped workign all of a sudden.....

Follow the cable from your USB hub to your computer, it plugs into a USB Port there are at least 2 of them on nearly every computer built since the late 90s. Plug whatever isn't working when attached to the hub into one of those ports. Why are you making this so hard?

yes io tried tht as well.. still the same... it only detects the mp3 player when the battery is in the the mp3... when i remove it it stops detecting

Then your mp3 player isn't designed to be powered off USB. Plug those other devices in to the usb on the computer to verify they still work.

the other devices dnt work at all (flash drive, ipod, bluetooth device), only the mp3 gets detected tht also if the battery is in it.. maybe sumthing is wrong with the power cables... can u tell me which wire to check for the power of the usb..

Ugh. I'm trying to help you here and you keep dancing around the issue. Here is your last shot.

Plug in whatever devices aren't working into one of the USB ports on your computer itself, not the hub. Do they work there? Completely forget about your hub for the moment, you need to find out whether the devices work on the ports on the computer.

You've given no details about your mp3 player, you can't type correctly, and its taken 11 posts in this thread to get nowhere because you haven't answered anything properly. You breifly mentioned deleted registry entries, why did you mention it?

You have to put forth a decent effort here because as is you are wasting everyone's time that has even thought about looking at this thread.

i plugged whtever was not working into the usb ports... nothing is being detected my the computer... the mp3 player is touchmate it works with the AAA battery size.

the reason i mentioned about the registry entries is because i had this virus and i did delete sum registry entries. but i really dnt think its coz of tht.. but u never knw.. so just thought giving tht information might be useful.... but mainly i think its coz of sum hardware problem maybe the power connection to the usb ports.....

Hi

I think the confusion is "HUB" in the title, he hasnt got a hub, he has USB devices that dont work in his PC USB slots, yet a battery powered MP3 player works OK, but not if you remove the battery.

His board is faulty... 12 posts to repeat what I said at post number 2.

Regards

Ididmyc600, if thats right you are correct and he's hosed. If infact he wasn't plugging it into an external hub, then he should have corrected me when I offered my alternate suggestion. Another example of poor posting by the dude with the problem causing much wasted time.

On a more humorous note:
His board is faulty... 12 posts to repeat what I said at post number 2.
At least we didn't go anywhere (get anything done) while you were gone.

My parting gift to this thread then will be to tell him to buy a PCI USB card and hope he can figure that one out on his own.

Ok.. I'm going to take a stab here. Ajay, please provide the following information. Even number your answers, please, so we can be sure we get the needed answers...

#1 (ok, it's a comment): No duh stuff doesn't work without a battery.

#2: Do you have a USB hub or not? Are you plugging straight into a computer (even if via a single cable)? Or are you plugging into a device that is already plugged into the computer?

#3: What USB devices are being used? Be precise- brand and model, and mark if it works or not.

#4 You connected these all to the same USB port, right? One by one? As in, we're using a port that we know works for one device at some point?

#5. What type of hardware do you have? Laptop, desktop? Is it homemade or purchase from Dell/Gateway/HP?

That will help us answer your questions.

First post of thread...

ajay_love_84 said:
i have tried re-installing the drivers for the usb by uninstalling the driver frm device manager and restarting the pc.. sumone plz help me out ...

Tmagic650 said:
Delete the USB ports In the device manager and let Window reinstall them

Tmagic650, I know it's not THAT hard to read...

SNGX1275 said:
My parting gift to this thread then will be to tell him to buy a PCI USB card and hope he can figure that one out on his own.

Oh dear I get the feeling he will be back :D

Regards

#1 i am serious when i remove the battery from the mp3 player the pc doesnot detect the mp3. i have touchmate mp3 player.

#2 i am having a hub which is a single cable, but the usb ports doesn't really work be tht with the hub or without the hub.

#3 i used a jvc handycam (doesn't get detected), usb flash drive Imation(doesn't get detected), bluetooth device(doesn't get detected), the mp3 player which gets detected only when the battery is in it..

#4 yes i have 2 usb ports and the mp3 player works on both the ports when connected with the battery inside( so i think there is something happened with the power supply to the usb ports, and this has started happening after i removed my hardisk to transfer data to my friends pc and reconnected it back to my pc)

#5 i have a desktop pentium III 450mhz speed and 192 mb ram. windows xp sp2.. it is an assembled pc which has been assembled by a computer shop.. i have been using this pc since 1999. and the usb ports were fine then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back