USB mass storage doesn't shows up in explorer

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with a USB mass storage device. The device doesn't shows up in the explorer when I plug it in my computer. I've already checked in the device manager and the computer does see the device as an mass usb storage device. Furthermore I've also checked in the disk manager and the device shows up as "Disque 2" but I cannot execute any action on it except for "delete device" (no expore or open device). My hypothesis is that there is no file system on the device but I'm not really sure since I'm not used to this kind of things.

I added a screen of the disk manager in appendice.

PS: You might have noticed but I'm using windows10 in french so some of my translations might be a bit off.

Regards

Attachments

• disk_manager.PNG
    disk_manager.PNG
    223 KB · Views: 0
Assuming you have no content on this device; delete the partition, recreate a new one and then format as NTFS

Yep it worked thanks. If anyone wonder, the most probable reason for this is that the previous partition was created under another OS than windows and could therefore not be red by my windows 10 OS.

Regards

If you need portability; r/w on other systems, the NTFS is not going to do that for you - - see this table

upload_2018-1-11_9-9-59.jpeg

Back