USB Memory Stick Issue on Win XP SP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

I have a Win XP SP 2, P IV 3 Ghz computer holding two physical 125 GB WD HD and 1024 MB RAM. It is equipped with a Multi Connect Bay from Trust.com.
This Multi Connect Bay has two USB 2 port connections. Until now I have only used "the upper USB port" when I unload/write to my USB stick. Here everything works fine, but when I use the "lower USB port" the following error message appears:

"EventID 51: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation"

This error is the followed by another error message:

"Windows - Delayed Write Failed. Windows was unable to save all data for the file.. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection"

It possibly can not be shortage of RAM.

I tried to contact TRUST.COM, but it is impossible to sign up a profile at their website in order to achieve support. You never receive the activation email.

I have done extensive serach at www.microsoft.com and in the various forums to find using Google. Nothing useful has been found so far.

So I turn to you in the hope you can help me to find the culprit

Disconnected cable I doubt. These were hooked up and PC not moved since then...how to deal with bad voltage if this is the issue ?

wat wattage is your PSU? start there... also i know someone who just has a bad usb port. never could figure out what was actually wrong, just the port. somthing internal. try other devices on that usb port and see what happins. [ie. a mouse, lights, bluetooth]

A psu is a Power Supply Unit, it is the big box in either the top rear of your computer or bottem rear. you can find the wattage inside the case printed on the side of the power supply. its the thing you pluged the 3-pronged power cord into when you set up your computer. the wattage wil be like 300w or 300watts total system power. [or 400... so on that is the # i need to no]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back