USB Port Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just recently received a used Pentax Optio E10 digital camera, and I'm having trouble downloading the pics to my computer. I get an error message every time I try to download which says the USB port I am using is too slow for the device. This same question was posted on 12-26-06 by RX_Queen and the advice he or she received was to purchase a USB 2.0 external adapter. He or she then stated, "I managed to find the problem, and it had more to do with my PC not accepting the camera until I fiddled around with the add hardware section. It now works fine." I would prefer to "fiddle around" with the add hardware section vs. spending money on the adapter, but I'm not sure what to do. Any advice? Thanks much for any help:)

"Right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties
Click the Device Manager tab and open Universal Serial Bus Controllers by clicking the plus sign (+)."

With the camera connected, check to see if any of the USB controllers have a yellow mark, or if you can see the camera, right click "Uninstall" on these and restart your system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back