Using the Default Bluetooth Manager with Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

I have a Toshiba M700 laptop, running Windows Vista ultimate.
It has an internal bluetooth adapter. The bluetooth manager software that installs along with the drivers from Toshiba's website sucks. It causes a lot of little annoying problems, some of which you can't get around at all.

For this reason, I wish to use a different bluetooth manager program.
I'm not sure if Vista really has a default program, but my other 2 computers that have bluetooth seem to use the same, less annoying, bluetooth manager program.

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not well acquainted with bluetooth yet.

"Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not well acquainted with bluetooth yet"...

This may be the root cause of your Bluetooth problem...

"It causes a lot of little annoying problems, some of which you can't get around at all"...

Can you explain in a little more detail just what are the problems

First, I'm not THAT uneducated about bluetooth, and I am certain I am using the software correctly.

The specific problem that I have with the toshiba bluetooth manager software is that it prevents connection to any audio gateway or audio sink device that is not compliant with some sort of DRM/copyright protection.
Specifically, I have a bluetooth headset. I like to use this when playing games, listening to music, etc.
I have a lot of games that require the non-unicode language setting to be Japanese.
When I set it like that, the bluetooth manager picks up on that and determines that the headset is not DRM/copyright protection compliant. (If the non-unicode language is set back to English, the headset connects just fine.)

The other computers don't seem to have this problem. I have posted here before trying to see if anyone had a way to make that bluetooth manager (the toshiba one) work, but no one had any success.

"Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not well acquainted with bluetooth yet"...

You said this, I didn't... Bluetooth capable, means just that. So your native language is not English? I've only delt with Blutooth devices on non-computer applications like studio/stage live audio. I have installed Bluetooth adapters in Laptops, but I have never worked with them. My customers haven't complained about having Bluetooth issues

*pokes topic* anyone know about switching what bluetooth manager / bluetooth stack you are using on a computer?

I've seen others claim to have done it... they said that they tried a widcom (sp?) driver or something instead of the manufacturer supplied drivers. I'm still trying to look into this, because right now I'm using a virtual machine to bypass the problem, and that's quite annoying and has obvious issues.

Anyways, I'll certainly post back if I find anything that works.

(P.S. Tmagic650, my native language is English... but that's not to say that it's the only language I care know. At this point I'm still working on learning the written language for Japanese, and the computer throwing a fit every time I try and use a program that's in Japanese doesn't help lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back