Using two wireless routers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr20rps13

Hey all,

I've recently a Trendnet 452-BRP 108mbps Wireless G router and a Trendnet 432-BRP 54mbps Wireless G router. I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both of these routers so I get a stronger signal from my GNet ADSL modem.

yes you can but idk if it will increase Range or network stability, but when you get in to this i believe your talking multiple ip adresses etc. proboly your best bet would be to stick with the 108mbps router, if you want to extend network range use an apple airport express device, thats what i use and it works like a charm, it increases my signal therefore incresing my network stability, and range... hope this helps!

I see, wanna tell me how so I can test it out. I just wanna know because I was given an extra router and thought I can put it to good use.

Wireless Router better off using it as ACCESS Point with two you can cover the house so the signal will stay on target. I just picked another Buffalo Wireless High Power 125Mbps with high gain ant. The one I have now covers the first floor transmitting from the end of the house to the other end. Unstairs on the second floor it's spotty. I know when I install the new one it should be it.

Alright I've gone from low to good now to Excellent on my main floor to handle 3 rooms.. Also fixed an issue with cards with 125Mbps are now showing currect speed. Upstairs is was showing low to good to no connection it has gone to very good connection. The one upstairs has to handle 3 rooms

You may wanna try connecting the uplink (the "internet" jack) from the extra router to one of the LAN jacks on the main router (the one conencted to the modem) and see if you can get it to work that way. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it'll work or not, but it's something you could try.

Make sure you have the Wireless Channel set to Auto on both of them. They don't work good if you have the Wireless Channel set to the same rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back