Varying speed regardless of time of day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

S'me again!
This is going to sound a very simple query, I get used to faster connections, dialling up, site to site etc., early mornings before 8am, because of the time differential between England and, say, the U.S.A., but just lately, even mid-day, or evenings, things are still pretty fast, the hourglass hardly has time to spin, dialling up etc., at optimum speed.
Now & again there is still a bit of time-lag, but on the whole it's pretty good, [that's the kiss of death, I'll wager!]
'Spect the general opinion will be that it's just "how it goes", that's really my thought, but a friend said that there is no harm in asking, don't think it's seasonal, if anytthing it would be getting busier, Xmas getting close, 1995 travel bookings to name just two possibilities.
I have not made any changes that might account for it, go on, shoot me down in flames!, I'll just blame my friend for encouraging me to ask!

Maurice
blab.gif

Hello Maurice.

Your connection speed is sometimes faster sometimes slower due to many factors such as the server you are connecting to and how busy that server is etc.

I have a 750kbs broadband connection and ther are times when it`s really fast and others when it seems quite slow because of the same reasons.

This is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

You were right Maurice generally speaking that is " Just how it Goes"
Many thing affect the speed of the Internet,you know many of them. You should be used to that 'optimum speed' for you on an average day.
If you notice a slow down on one page ,try a couple more different ones.That way you will be able to tell if it is your connection ( All pages load slow) or if it is the servers at the other end(Just one page out of a couple load slow)
Good to see you around.

Thanks Guys, quite honestly, I felt a fool asking, but he is a good friend, of many years, so I asked to please him, [honest!]
So, basically I was right, he hasn't a computer, & doesn't really understand.

Maurice
bigdance2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back