Very strange problem with monitors

Moospammer

Ohai Techspot, how're you?

Good to hear, I'm pretty miffed with my new computer build to be 100% honest, let me tell you why.

Recently, after much struggling with Amazon's delivery services, I got the final parts for my computer set-up. Now it's all been set-up, I've followed an online guide to the letter and two of my computers will no longer display on my monitor.

I'm currently on Laptop A, My old desktop is Desktop A and my new Desktop is Desktop B.

Desktop A and Desktop B are no longer able to send information to a monitor for some reason, yet Laptop A is currently (literally right now) using the desktop monitor to extend the desktop.

Desktop A worked earlier this week but simply stopped sending information to the monitors (tested with two monitors and two cables) shortly before I went to pick up the final part for my new rig.

Any advice you could give me to fix these problems would be highly appreciated, Desktop A has an inbuilt card and and external card which I am about to check (I'm going to remove the card and use only the in-built card to see if that changes anything) and Desktop B only has an external one, there is no in-built one on the motherboard.

Thanks for reading
Moospammer~

Update: Desktop A now works without the graphics card in.

you'll need to disable the on board graphics (built into the motherboard) before installing a new graphics card. when this isn't done, the computer doesn't know that it should be using the new graphics instead of the integrated one; will not display video. to disable the onboard adapter, restart the computer and hit the DEL key or corresponding F# key to access the BIOS. navigate the options and find the setting that controls the onboard graphics adapter, disable it, and then exit and save changes. now you can install the new card and affix it to the monitor. let us know if that fixes it.

you'll need to disable the on board graphics (built into the motherboard) before installing a new graphics card. when this isn't done, the computer doesn't know that it should be using the new graphics instead of the integrated one; will not display video. to disable the onboard adapter, restart the computer and hit the DEL key or corresponding F# key to access the BIOS. navigate the options and find the setting that controls the onboard graphics adapter, disable it, and then exit and save changes. now you can install the new card and affix it to the monitor. let us know if that fixes it.

I can do this with the older computer but the new one has no on-board graphics, so it basically has to use the new graphics card.

Also, I'm not just installing a new graphics card, it's a whole brand new system in Desktop B.

Annoyingly enough, Init Display First is set to PCIEx by default, instead of OnChip VGA. This is the way it's meant to be, so I have no idea why it's doing this.

Update: Ok, I've set it to PCIEx on the BIOS and it still does nothing with monitor while the old graphics card is in. Only the on-board one appears to want to function.

So, so far: Laptop connects to monitor, Desktop A connects to monitor when using On-board graphics only and Desktop B does not connect at all.

Eh, I'm going to try something weird now and install the motherboard drivers on this hard drive, then move this hard drive into Desktop B.

Desktop A reset itself after doing this, moving hard drive after the shut down is complete.

-------------

I just realised that the new motherboard isn't posting so I'm going to move over to the general forum. :)

Back