Video Card confusion, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to play sims2 but I'm having video card problems,

Minimum System Requirements for The Sims 2 -

If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you need at least:

* 800 MHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows Vista, XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (an Intel Extreme Graphics or a Radeon 7000/VE Series) then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor or better
* 256 MB RAM if Windows Vista, XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

My operating system is XP Professional, I have a AMD athalon(tm) 64 X2 dual core processor & 448MB RAM.

When checking out my DirectX Diagnostics Tool,
It tells me -

The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

I dont even know what video card I have or if I do?

Please Help!
Sherry

Ok well what brand and model is your computer for example hp a620n.
And what it sounds like to me is you don't have a video card and your onboard video doesn't support 3d. Give me the model and brand so i can help further

OH and btw WELCOME TO TECHSPOT! enjoy your stay

Its an ACER.
Model : Aspire T180

But it doesn't have the original Hard drive if that makes any difference I switched it out for a HP hard drive.

My Directx is 9.0,
& i cant remember the exact error, something along the lines of problems with my video card, How can I find out what video card I have if any?

You don't have a video card. Its integrated into your motherboard. And from what i am reading the chipset that runs your video graphics doesn't support T&L.
So in order to play the game you would need to purchase a graphics card.
Oh and the hard drive has nothing to do with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back