Video card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some problems with my video card recently, and need some advice.

The card I've got is an ATI Sapphire 1650 Pro (I think I got that all right) and up until last week, haven't had a problem with it. For the past week it made the computer crash and now I don't think it's even registering at all. I've got the monitor plugged into the integrated video card, and that works fine (although the entire screen is pink). Does it sound like a bad card or a bad PCI slot? The card is in right now, and although it isn't hooked up to the monitor, the fan in it is running, and it's not crashing me, but the computer doesn't detect anything as being in the slot, and neither does the Catalyst control center.

I'm hoping I got all the information that you guys need. I really don't want to have to drop money on the computer and then it's not the right solution.

"I've got the monitor plugged into the integrated video card, and that works fine (although the entire screen is pink)..."

This sounds like a problem with the monitor, but the ATI Sapphire 1650 Pro is most likely bad too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back