Video Card upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to help my sister upgrade her computer right now and I had a few questions concerning compatibility. She has a Dell Dimension E310 with Intel Pentium 4 Processor 521 (2.80GHz), 512MB DDR2 SDRAM with built in Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. I was wondering if these two upgrades would be compatible for her system:

Video Card
ATON VIDEO-498PCI-DLP GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Low Profile Ready Video Card

RAM
CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I currently cannot post links since I am a new member but I found those one Newegg.com. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Should be ok. You can get slower DDR2 400MHz (PC2 3200) RAM as well, since that is the one that comes with the PC by default, and you may save some money in the process.

The video card is fine though.

The CPU will handle PC2 6400 memory but the mobo will only handle PC2 4200 so the memory is good.

Too bad the system only can upgrade to PCI card, as they are a bit pricey for what you get, but that card with 1GB of DDR2 and 128 bit seems like a good choice. I was looking for one myself last week.. Ended up having issues since the onboard memory was on the PCI bus also and it created a conflict. Yours is on the PCI express bus I believe so you shouldn't have a problem, but if you do NewEgg is decent with their RMA policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back