Video Problem on my new Computer Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just built a brand new computer.

Asus A8S-X mobo
AMD Athlon 64 FX 60 Dual Core
Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT
1 GIG DDR400

It is fast as heck, but the video is not right. When I run HalfLife2 and no matter how low I make the settings, it gets very choppy; as is for every game I try to run. Also I'd like to note that when I am not playing games (surfing the internet, or messing around on photoshop) sometimes the mouse seems like it doesn't flow across the screen, and whenever I scroll down on a page(internet explorer etc.) it doesn't scroll down smoothly. I have the latest drivers for the video card too. Anyone know what the problem might be?

You might have a background processs running,

Hit CTRL ALT DEL ,, and look @ your running processes,

Is there one taking up a lot of cpu processes,

If you got your motherboard drivers installed, DX9c installed,, and u installed latest forceware drivers, u should be set,

tweakboy said:
You might have a background processs running,

Hit CTRL ALT DEL ,, and look @ your running processes,

Is there one taking up a lot of cpu processes,

If you got your motherboard drivers installed, DX9c installed,, and u installed latest forceware drivers, u should be set,

Thank you for your help, but one question

For my motherboard, I installed the drivers that came with it, are there new, updated drivers I should get. If so, do I just get them from the ASUS website?

Yes that would be the best place to get them. And I would concur, it seems there is a processor-intensive background process running. What antivirus and anti-spyware tools do you use?

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Yes that would be the best place to get them. And I would concur, it seems there is a processor-intensive background process running. What antivirus and anti-spyware tools do you use?

I use symantec antivirus and zero spyware

Oh no wonder. Get that Norton crap out of ur PC ASAP. It is a very well known system hog and it isn't that great either. Download AVG antivirus from here. It's a free antivirus program that's light and effective. Also, I recommend you download Ad-Aware and Spybot: Search & Destroy from here and here respectively.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Oh no wonder. Get that Norton crap out of ur PC ASAP. It is a very well known system hog and it isn't that great either. Download AVG antivirus from here. It's a free antivirus program that's light and effective. Also, I recommend you download Ad-Aware and Spybot: Search & Destroy from here and here respectively.

Thanks for the advice bro, I just downloaded Nortin uninstaller and took everyting off and my computer is running much smoother and faster.

foozy said:
You're not running Vista, are you?

Nope, i'm running XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back