Video Slow Down playing Final Fantasy XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, playing Final Fantasy XI has been a chore because of horrible choppy video. I mean the FPS gets down to atleasy 8-10.
This wasnt always the case. I bought a new harddrive to test it out, thinking maybe it was time to reformat and install everything fresh. This hasnt helped anything at all. I play the game on the lowest settings possible and this doesnt help either.

MY system Setup

Pentium IV 3.0GHz
1GB Ram
120GB SeaGate Harddrive
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB (this was also running on a ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB)

This game has run very smoothly until recently, and now I can not for the life of me get it to work smooth again. I have tried both video cards and changing the settings on the Catalyst for optimal performance and its just not working.

Other games like UT2k4 work great on max settings with little or no chugs.

Just for giggles, download the latest drivers from ATI. You may have a corrupted driver. Also, check for new background applications that may have been installed recently, and if all else fails, reinstall the game fresh. (do an uninstall first to clean out the registry).

Love to know how it turns out, I'm getting the exact same video card in a few days...damn slow Canada postal service! And I'd like to know how good this card really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back