Videocard issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy0ntherun

Hey, sorry I haven't been here in so long it makes me look ignorant. I really appreciate how

everyone helps each other on these forums. Anyways, time to get to my issue.

I recently dusted out my tower and now when I go to load up a computer game, specifically

WoW something terrible happens. My screen goes partly pink and comparing it to the

program paint, as if there is airbrush all over my screen. I don't know what happened but I

thought I'd look for some advice. Thanks.

well since you were in there dusting, the first and least expensive thing would be to remove the card,blow out the pcie/pci/agp slot and re seat the card. make sure you touch a metal part of the case before removing and before putting it back in.

Ya im wondering if you didnt shock something and now it's all messed up but ya try and clean it again and re seat it

4 weeks later

Hey guys, sorry I didn't respond back so quickly. Here's where I am. I reseated it like you said, cleaned out the socket and I ended up having to do a fresh install. So after I got back on the internet I downloaded the most up to date drivers and used those instead. No such luck, every time I load up a computer game it still causes the computer to freeze/crash with a bunch of terrible colors all over the screen.

I new symptom has appeared as well. The restart function doesn't work all the time. If I push the quick restart button it will just stay black and I have to power it down by holding the power button till it turns off.

Anyways, I think the vid card is broke, maybe you guys got some other advice. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that awesome quick reply Andy. I'm sure you are correct. It's weird, why does the card allow me to keep watching vids(youtube), etc but not let me play games. I think I know the answer already but if you can explain it would be nice to know. What I know or heard is that the card will allow you to do 2d things but not 3d such as games, something along those lines.

Thanks a lot man, appreciated.

The reason you can watch YouTube no problem but your video goes weird when playing game is that the video card isn't being used for the YouTube. These special video cards for gaming are only used by gaming or video applications. YouTube runs on a flash player as part of your web browser (Internet Explorer or FireFox) The flashplayer doesn't call on the video card.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back