Viewsonic monitor drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdyckman@comcas

I am running Vista Home Prem.I use an 8800 GTS EVGA.I have the latest drivers for my 8800. I run 2 Viewsonic monitors. One is a VG900b and is fine. I also run a VX2235 digital monitor. Both monitors are listed in device manager by model. I manually installed drivers directly off of the discs.I have also downloaded Viewsonic's monitor drivers. I can't get my 22" to go to it's native resolution of 1680x1050.I have had these installed for a long time and working fine. When I ran a hard disc error check that is listed under tools under properties of my computer it erased my 22" and it's capabilities to operate @ native resolution. Another difference is that before I manually installed the VX2235, it was listed as a 'non plug and play monitor' under device manager. I have never seen that before. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am this close to going out and buying a new XP Pro disc.

Why not just uninstall the monitor drivers you installed and reboot and use the Vista drivers?

Start there.

Yes pdyckman@comcas,
let Vista use it's native Viewsonic drivers. Are you running Vista SP1? Also, your Nvidia control panel (for the 8800) should recognize the Viewsonic monitors, so that you can control the resolutions from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back