Virtumonde Trojans and Registry Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfranke03

My computer is infected with a number of things. Some of them that are showing on my Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware SE are Virtumonde and a number of Registry Errors. I'm not sure how to clean my computer of these? They also have affected it so that I can't do a System Restore, I can't download any programs online, and it has overridden my Windows Security System. Please help.

Multiple posting is frowned upon. The mods may combine the threads. Your problem statement is very helpful. I am trying to anticipate your needs. You are now facing dificulties.

In case of difficulty, attempt this method
Note, one user reported the need to restart in safe mode with networking, as the relief was temporary. This refers to message #1.
Additional note: Message #3 link to 'fixit download' has demonstrated its effectiveness in many cases. Go to message # 3 'fixit download'

Other: As part of your response, please feedback which method was effective. Message #1 is for the specific named trojan, and message # 3 has broader coverage.

Genreal Remark: - React to unanswered items appearing in scan logs
  • NO Action’ - Remove Selected when offered by MBAM
  • 'Delete on Reboot’ - Restart the computer after concluding the scan
Supplement to guide.
  • Update both MBAM & SAS. Rerun them both.
  • This effort is complete when logs report NO infections/threats, or reporting something it can not clean.
    • Typically extra repeat scans are not needed
  • Restart the computer. Defer running HJT if combine with next stage).
  • Posts logs. Report progress & what changes are observed. (combine with next stage)

Next Stage - You are being given further instructions..

1. Uninstall old versions of ComboFix - if used previously
  2. Download ComboFix
  3. 2xcombofix
    • Follow ComboFix instructions referenced before.

• Examine the last few lines in the log for ‘Completion time:’ ……. ‘machine was rebooted’

• Restart the computer, if first run of ComboFix did not concluded with ‘reboot’.

• Repeat ComboFix.

• Restart the computer

• Scan with HJT. (part of instructions for ComboFix)

4. Reply with logs. Report if syptoms are still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back