Virus help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have a virus. I dont know how it got there but i was running norton anti virus, and had my fire wall up. What happens is during start up iexplore.exe runs in the background at 100% cpu, clogging up the comp and i have to open task manager and end the process. But then iexplore.exe coniniously gets re opened and runs at 100% cpu. I have gone through the 8 steps, and i have bought spyware doctor. I have run all the applications multiple times over the weekend and i cant get this virus to go away. I have attached my HJT log, but i cant find my MAM log. Ill probably just re-run it and get another log if needed. Computer is only 6months old. Any advice or information anyone can give me would be gretly appreciated. Thanks

your mbam log is saved under:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

We also need your SAS log

It's regrettable that the logs were not acknowleged in a timely manner. You computer appeared clear of an active infection. Repeat scans and the use of additional tools were not indicated.

Delete old system restore points & establish a new restore point.

The clogging & hanging of the IE6 browser is difficult to diagnose. Many times IE6 is corrupted. Upgrade to IE7 is the only option to repair the browser. (my personal story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back