Inactive Virus locked my PC - No access to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to TechSpot! This is a scam to get you to buy their rogue program to fix an error you don't have!

A new piece of malware making the rounds on Facebook falsely warns users that their friends have had problems viewing their profiles, posing a potential threat to users' personal information.

The rogue application, dubbed "Error Check System," displays an error message in the notifications section that reads "(Friend's name) has faced some errors when checking your profile View The Errors Message."
But the warnings are fake and a viral attempt to spread the application and recruit more Facebook users.

However, non-Facebook members are at risk as well. A Web search of "Error Check System" will yield a link to a site that contains code that will initiate a fake virus scan and try to fool users into installing malware disguised as antivirus software. Sophos identified the malware as Sus/FakeAV-A and Troj/FakeAV-LL.

Facebook users already infected by the application can uninstall it by using the Edit tab in the Applications section of their Facebook profile.

If you cannot get into Normal Mode to do this,:

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

The follow the instruction if you are a Facebook member. Please let me know the result. We should check the system for other malware.

deleted applications from facebook but obviously on another computer as i can not access mine. Seems to be no way around this as I cant access anything

i can not access mine
What all have you tried? How could you delete the app on your Facebook from another computer?

Have you tried shutting down, then rebooting? I don't think the system is actually locked, but you need to get the system up to run some sans so we an find and remove the malware.

There is also another rogue malware program named System Lock 2011: To start removal:
To Remove System Lock 2011 Virus from your PC completely you need to uninstall the System Lock 2011 application from your PC and also find and remove all its components that it has stored on your PC. The first activity i.e. Uninstall System Lock 2011 from your PC can be easily done. To do this, the steps are:

Click on start > Programs > Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs
Select the Program 'System Lock 2011' from the list and click Remove to start the uninstall process and follow the wizard for successful uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back