Virus/Spyware/Malware removal logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first post on your web site. I found your instructions for removing spyware very informative and effictive. After running all of the scans the main issue has been resolved, but I would like someone to review the logs and see if there is something else that I need to do.

The initial problem with the computer was that it had WinAntivirus 2007 installed. Every few minutes it would pop up and ask to install something. It also had the sophos host file hack so it was not getting updates. The computer as also blue screened a few times while shutting down. I did not record the stop error. It also blue screened while doing the Spy Bot scan at bootup.

Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The first this you need to do is run AVG Antirootkit and have it fix the:

C:\WINDOWS\system32:lzx32.sys,Hidden driver file

This is a rootkit and needs to be got rid of.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

You didn`t attach a Combofix log. Please do so in your next reply. See HERE for instructions on how to attach log files.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MyWaySA
SrchAsDe

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

WinAvXX.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=

O2 - BHO: IEHlprObj Class - {ABCDECF0-4B15-11D1-ABED-709549C10000} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtr348.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinAVX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hrum348.txt

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hrum348.txt
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinAvXX.exe
C:\Program Files\MyWaySA<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments(not in a zip file).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Dranrab only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I think the computer is clean now. Here are the logs after removing everything. The combofix.old.log is the log from the first time that I ran it.

I think there is a bug in AVG Antispyware log. All of the listed files were quarantined. I went ahead and had it remove all of them.

Thanks for your help. This is a really effective way to clean a drive.

Everything looks fine there mate.

Unless you`re still having problems, I think you`re good to go.

If you`re not, please do the following.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Dranrab only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi! i am new to this and well, i think that my computer is acting funny. i must let you know firstly that i am not the only one to get on this computer. my spouse tends to get on adult sights and i know the infamy of those sites containing viruses and malware. i scanned my computer and this is what it has. i hope someone can help me, because now the volume isnt working and it is telling me to instal something. i am assuming that it has something to do with the virus. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back