Virus, worm or OS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I really hope you guys can help me.

I'm having huge difficulty using my laptop. Here are the details:
1. The cursor periodically gets stuck at the upper left portion of the screen (usually every 3mins-- you can just imagine how long before I was able to post this)
2. The computer opens my "Documents" folder even if I do not prompt it to, and it opens 20+ windows of this.
3. I am being prompted if I want to close the current window even if I do not press the X button.

I did not have this problem while my registration key with Kaspersky was still working, then I had this problem. I have downloaded and ran Avast, AVG, Symantec, Noob-Killer and got a registration key again from Kaspersky. I have run all programs separately but they do not seem to detect any. I've read posts here and have obtained hijackthis.log attached here. However, I do not know how to analyze the information found in the log.

Please please please help me. Thanks.

Hi. I really hope you guys can help me.

I'm having huge difficulty using my laptop. Here are the details:
1. The cursor periodically gets stuck at the upper left portion of the screen (usually every 3mins-- you can just imagine how long before I was able to post this)
2. The computer opens my "Documents" folder even if I do not prompt it to, and it opens 20+ windows of this.
3. I am being prompted if I want to close the current window even if I do not press the X button.

I did not have this problem while my registration key with Kaspersky was still working, then I had this problem. I have downloaded and ran Avast, AVG, Symantec, Noob-Killer and got a registration key again from Kaspersky. I have run all programs separately but they do not seem to detect any. I've read posts here and have obtained hijackthis.log attached here. However, I do not know how to analyze the information found in the log.

Please please please help me. Thanks.

You forgot, or Hardware problem

It may not be hardware, but I'd still recommend either cleaning or disabling the mouse pad (and use an external mouse instead)

You could also have a keyboard problem, dust and debri (or even moisture)
I'd sggest vacuuming it (being careful not to vacuum up the actual keys)

thank you kimsland.
i already uninstalled Love Update & Live Reg, no Norton though.
Is it okay if I have multiple anti-virus installed?

Okay I'll do what you suggested, and post here if I'm successful.
Thank you for letting me know about the dual post.
I though the other one was not sent yet.

Thanks again.

Is it okay if I have multiple anti-virus installed?
Definately Not

Consider if Kaspersky finds a virus and decides to quarantine it (in its own quarantine folder)
Norton will then see a Virus trying to moved into some unknown Kaspersky folder, and then try to stop it.
It will be an endless loop !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back