Vista and Creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeram18

I installed vista and the newest drivers for my Soundblaster X-Fi Xtremegamer. Now if I play music in WMP, iTunes, or Winamp I hear lots of, skipping, I guess you would call it. It like jumps. Yet when I listen to music and video on Youtube while running CPU intensive programs I have ZERO interference. Is there something I'm missing?

In the audio console for creative I turned it to the fastest settings I could think of, yet it does nothing.

Also a side note, I had a big sound problem, like all I heard was fuzz until I turned the bass adjustments in sound control panel down by half and it was good. Would that be related?

Is it the Vista version of WMP? I know iTunes had compatibility problems, i'm betting winamp does too - you're sure they're the Vista drivers? Do you have onboard Realtek sound you can use in the meantime?

WMP 11. What came on vista install. I just have the creative audio console. Not Realtek n whatnot. Not quite sure what that is. My onboard is Intel Soundmax. I think my mobo is D865perl if I member correctly, to bad of a mobo?

Hi Skeram,
As you're an early adopter of Vista, having such problems with drivers will be common place for a while. MS and 3rd party hardware/driver makers are scurrying wildly to seal up those last few bugs/issues. Hopefully you can remain patient and frustration wont set in too deeply. :)

That being said, I'd start with dxdiag and see if the Audio Devices section has listed for buffers and such. I'd also try hitting Creative's support site and try their auto-updater. I haven't tried it on Vista yet, but they were promising support of their auto-updater by this month. Be worth a check. The auto-updater should resolve any driver conflicts it may find.

Lastly, make sure you have your on-board/integrated soundcard disabled in the BIOS. There should be a setting in there for disabling this as you're using a superior PCI soundcard.

Good luck!

Checked creative. Not supported for auto-update yet :( Thanks for info on onboard. Ill check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back