Vista SP2 failed update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazofstour

Sirs, I am working on a friends computer which has windows vista home edition running very slowly. Checking automatic updates, a lot of them have failed, mixed with a few successful updates going back 2 years. SP1 is listed as failed yet the system properties say SP1 was running. I have downloaded all updates on auto update successfully, but when the important update for SP2 was down loaded, it is listed in recent updates as failed.Yet again the system properties say it is running
sp2, and the computer is quicker,ie. there seems to be no duplication of instruction on internet as there were before. Can I assume that vista sp2 is running successfully, although listed as failed in update hisory? Also is 512Mb enough ram to run vista successfully?

You should update the system RAM to 2GB at the very least... Download and run Advanced SystemCare free and free Malwarebytes. Tell us what you discover

Many thanks.Have ordered ram increase as suggested, and will let you know results of registry cleaner and malwarebytes.Any ideas why the update history says the sp2 update "failed", yet appears to be running successfully, stated by the system properties?

After ram upgrade,downloaded and ran advanced system care.This cleared up hundreds of system errors,registry etc. The system is now running very well,on vista sp2. but checking update history, SP1 and SP" updates are listed as failed,including with many more smaller updates that are listed as failed.Strange??

Try running Windows Update again. if the window shows "No Updates Available" select "check for updates"... If it still shows "No Updates Available" you should be ok, and don't worry about any past "failed" updates. In the future, if a Vista update fails, try restarting the computer then try the update once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back