Vista Speed Booster with flash drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL tech

Does ther make a huge difference here im using a 2GB flash drive dedicated to it i beleive i see a difference with it but cant be sure is there any proof on this ... also quick question while im thinkin of it is it better to have more or less virtual memory.

This article is fairly informative.
above article said:
1. [Flash drives are] faster than the virtual memory which is accessed through the hard disk drive.

So, for virtual memory, a flash drive will be faster, but more expensive, than a hard drive.

Virtual memory includes hard drive and flash drive space used as RAM; I'm not sure whether or not virtual memory includes the physical RAM. So you should probably have as much virtual memory as you need; this explains it nicely.

Regards :)

I have a certified usb drive that gives memory to vista, only saw a 5% increase in performance really

4GB FD for myself

supersmashbrada said:
I have a certified usb drive that gives memory to vista, only saw a 5% increase in performance really

I saw a major decrease in time to load resources, close to 30% if not more. I had enabled Readyboost on a 4GB flash drive that utilizes 90% of the flash drive for Readyboost. I have 4GB RAM in my machine and I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate.

Will have an update soon after I use it for some time.

:chef:

I saw a decrease in boot time, probably not as dramatic as Coth but still an improvement. My system has 2 Gb of Ram and I was using a 2 GB flash drive with Readyboost. It was noticable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back