Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i've put the finishing touches on a HTPC... with Vista 64. I'm getting a BSOD... after about 5 minutes every time. Doesn't matter what program i'm running, or if it's just doing nothing. I've run Memtest overnight, nothing there. Updated the BIOS and every single driver. Done the reinstall numerous times, put video cards in different slots, swapped the RAM, formatted hard drives, check for viruses, and sacrificed a chicken to the computer gods. I'm running the BIOS at fail safe settings, with no anti-virus software installed or firewall. I've downloaded and installed all important Vista upgrades. Not connected to the internet right now.

These are the two most recurring error messages:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I've attached two minidump files.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8400 3.0 GHz
MB: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
GPU: Sapphire 100249L Radeon HD 3850 1 GB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI-e 2.0
TV Turner Card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
RAM: Corsair 4GB (2X2GB) 240-Pin DDR SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400)
Hard Drives: (2) WD Caviar Green 1 TB SATA Model: WD10EADS
Optical Drive: LG 6X Blu-Ray DVD-ROM SATA(GGC-H2OL)
Power Supply: SeaSonic OB-S12 550W ATX12v / EPS12v SLI
Case: Siverstone LC14B-MC ATX HTPC

One of your dumps is error 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM and is defined by auhma.org as --

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Your minidump cited ntfs.sys. I know you formatted the harddrives but did you do a full harddrive diagnostics by utilyzing your harddrive manufacturers diagnostic utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back