Visual Basic 2008 Virus Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, i cloudnt find the right forum for asking this question, cause it seems not to be a topic for programming btw sorry.

I make programs in Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition. finaly i have coded a chat program with "WinSock"

I also make Text-Generators and so on, but there is a very strange thing going on. when i write a chat program with WinSock, every thing looks fine in the source code, and i compile the program and protect it with WinLicense (Anti-Cracking Engine)

Then i pack the program into a *.zip archive and then i send it to my friends so they can use my tool, now the problem apears, when they try to unzip the program they get a Virus Alert about that the program i just wrote is a virus tool or a hack tool.

But it's not a virus or a hack tool at all, im using AVG Pro & Outpost Firewall 2009 on my own machine and they says nothing to the program i just wrote, anyone knows what going on here?

Zakk0

Well sometimes things like WinLicense (Anti-Cracking Engine) look like Malware to some virus scanners. They may be using different scanners than you. If one of your friends has the same Virus scanner as you and they get the warning then you are infected.

You are living in a fantasy world if you believe those 2 programs guarantee you are not infected.

Do the below to be sure for both you and friends..

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware!

Mike

the very presence of WinSock can sometimes trigger 'a false positive' A/V warning,
as it can look like an attempt to 'phone home'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back