Visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastymad

Hello I am thinking of getting into visual basic but it's too expensive for me (yes I'm a tight little ****) but does anyone know of a freeware clone of it at all. thanks.

Excel had it's own version of VB, as far as the coding goes it's all the same, you can even run class modules etc from it. A good starting point to learn VB coding. Obviously you can't make executables with it though.

You don't need any special tools to make VB scripts - Notepad will do.

Why on earth would anyone want to learn VB is beyond me though :p

of course you can type C++ commands into notepad too, but if you want to run your code and see what it does etc. you need an application program. Also Excel VB will give him a chance to learn the proper command structure.

I've heard of a program called "speed basic" but i can't find it using any search engine, i just get things that are basic to use that speed up your computer etc.

try basic link pages
I have had C++ borland on my old win98 machine and played with it I think to learn it is free I had the version 4 plus
could not install on win2000 machine and have not really got into that aspect of programming
I have 2 copys of VB 5 and 6 did lot more learning with these
got them from ebay really cheap,should be even cheaper now with .net release on market.
I would look for older version if you realy want a GUI programming tool to learn on should be had for 50.00 usd
come to think now I sold my VB5 on ebay for under 30.00

good luck

Microsoft Word has vb build in it i believe the shortcut is alt+f11, u can make macros with that but i dont think you can make exe's but you can always get a ligemate copy of it from the internet.

Samstoned said:
try basic link pages
I have had C++ borland on my old win98 machine and played with it I think to learn it is free I had the version 4 plus
could not install on win2000 machine and have not really got into that aspect of programming
I have 2 copys of VB 5 and 6 did lot more learning with these
got them from ebay really cheap,should be even cheaper now with .net release on market.
I would look for older version if you realy want a GUI programming tool to learn on should be had for 50.00 usd
come to think now I sold my VB5 on ebay for under 30.00

good luck

What i really need is visual basic 5.5, as all the books I have about it (as i am just about to start learning) use the interface on VB 5.5 thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back