w32.myzor.fk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the virus titled above. I saw some of the postings about it, but it was written in the threads that the help to remove it is system specific or you could crash the computer. I would appreciate some help. Not the most computer literate. I have Norton internet security and ad aware and spybot search and destroy. None of them are picking it up. Thanks for your help.

Hi and welcome to techspot

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly. (you can skip the parts about ad aware and spybot since you have already done them)

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand more about the problems on your system.

Hope you enjoy your stay here =)

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Reformatted

Sorry this took so long to get back to you. I ended up getting the blue screen of death while in the process of the downloads I was doing, so I reformatted the drive. Thanks for trying to help.
Will

Hi,

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back