Want a Wii? Keep on waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikeru

Roughly nine months after Nintendo first released the Wii, the console is still regularly sold out both online and at brick-and-mortar stores. Back in May, Nintendo CEO and president Satoru Iwata apologized for the shortages, blaming them on production bottlenecks. Later that month, Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian told investors the company might not be able to address its supply problem until 2008.

An article from Taiwan IT site DigiTimes today lends credence to Sebastian's analysis, reporting that tight supplies of some components have pushed back the manufacturers plans to expand Wii production. The article cites unnamed Taiwan-based component makers as saying that supplies of the console are likely to remain tight until next year.

"Nintendo has no revisions to announce to its most recent shipment forecasts at this time," a Nintendo representative told GameSpot.

In April, the company projected that it would sell 14 million Wii systems for the fiscal year that began April 1, 2007.
Absolutely horrible news for anyone who wants a Wii but still can't get one! :eek:

I haven't seen a Wii here in the Bay Area since the first night they were released...

Cheers!

Maikeru Hatamoto

I got myself one early in the ebay bidding days for an almost fair price. Truth be told, the novelty was over shortly after. I probably should see if newer Nintendo games have something else to offer using the console capabilities.

I don't ever remember seeing the Wii on Ebay at a normal price. In fact, I actually know a few people who ended up making a decent amount right after the Wii came out in America.

I still find it ironic that the only bad thing about the Wii is the fact that it's impossible to purchase one. :eek:

i bought one the day it came out. Got number 7 of 12 and the store...waited in line for about an hour before store opening. So much for the PS3 hype eh.

i got a wii , and to be honest dude your not missing much...
if you want to buy it go for it . but i dont recomend it.

i preffer my ps3 , im selling mine for 100 bucks over the
original price. i just dont like this thing , its stupid.

To me PS3 is the one that Rocks...

if you want i can take down a couple of bucks , just for you to get it out
off my house.

i preffer my ps3 , im selling mine for 100 bucks over the
original price. i just dont like this thing , its stupid.

To me PS3 is the one that Rocks...

Lol... PS3 sucks at the moment, But the Wii is WAYYYY better then the PS3, it's actually a innovative design that is fun to play and the games that are released at the moment own every game the PS3 will ever have ( Plus, Super Smash Brothers will kicked PS3 in the balls ) while the PS3 stole ideas from BOTH the Wii and the Xbox 360. So... Good game PS3 :)

I thought I would update my opinion on the Wii...
Bought a pair of classic controllers and downloaded Super Mario World ($8 on the Wii marketplace), lots of fun with this oldie gem, not to mention it's a game I can play with my wife. NES' Punch Out is awesome, too.

I sold 2 wii preorders on ebay about 2 weeks before releas for $560 each. I also sold 3 physical units for $1-300 over retial price on launch day after camping at best buy overnight. I kept one unit, then sold it about 2 weeks later. It's one of those things, its cool for the first day or two, then it gets old.

Just call around. Stores dont know when they will get a shipment. I called 15 stores in my area no one hed them but Toys-R-Us and they had 15. I strolled in and picked one up. I drink alot so I dont play much after 9pm but i love the Wii. Damn thing forces you to get involved, not just moving 2 joysticks around...

like i said i just dont like it.....

TimeParadoX said:
Lol... PS3 sucks at the moment, But the Wii is WAYYYY better then the PS3, it's actually a innovative design that is fun to play and the games that are released at the moment own every game the PS3 will ever have ( Plus, Super Smash Brothers will kicked PS3 in the balls ) while the PS3 stole ideas from BOTH the Wii and the Xbox 360. So... Good game PS3 :)

i really dont care , who stole what and from whom.
ever since ps1 i became a sony console fan , just give them
time and you will se how ps3 kick everyones ****.

but i do have to admitt that Wii has a lot
User's. too bad i cant be one of them.

Don't argue what console is better in this thread. There are other threads for that.

I said months and months ago somewhere on these boards that Nintendo was really shooting themselves in the foot by not having adequate production of the Wii. They are selling a much weaker system in terms of capabilities than Sony and Microsoft, the more time that goes by that people aren't able to get one the less likely they are to buy when its avaiable. I think this is more true for Nintendo than for Sony or Microsoft because those systems have more headroom on where games can go. Nintendo really needs to get their act together with online play, right now its at what I consider an unacceptable level. I think there are less than 5 games you can play against others online, how long ago was this system released? Terrible.

If you can spare a big chunk of money initially you are guarenteed to get a Wii from WalMart.com you just need to purchase a bundle, it will come with 6 games or so of your choosing. Then if you have a local Wal-Mart you can take the unopened games back without any problem. This is how I got my Wii back in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back