Want to make pc dual boot for win xp 32 bit home and win vista 64 bit home premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

I want to set my current machine that has win xp installed as OS to a win xp 32bit/win vista 64 bit dual boot machine. The reasoning is that my current setup has 2gb of pc 6400 DDR2 800mhz RAM and I have an extra 2gb laying here. I'd love to be able to use the entire 4gb and I know that 64bit win vista can do this. The problem is that I have never used third party patitioning software before like GParted and I really don't want to mess up. I already have win xp 32bit installed and I know I should install vista 64bit second.

Can anyone walk me through the steps so I don't make a n00bish mistake please? I need to be able to use GParted flawlessly to be successful. I see that my c drive that has win xp 32bit home edition on it has over 65gb free. I have 3 other hard drives connected but my OS is on c drive. I'd like to make at least 20gb of that for win vista 64 bit home premium. Can you all walk me through it please?

Do you think it will be worth all this to use 4gb of RAM for games and stuff?

Thanks in advance!

The main thing is that I don't want to mess up when using GParted. Also, should I disconnect my 3 other hard drives other than C while doing this install? I just don't want the drive letters on the other drives to get messed up or anything. Win XP Home 32 bit and Vista Home Premium 64 bit will go on C drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back