Warning Dangerous Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This is my 1st post so please bare with me...my desktop computer has been infected with a virus that keeps changing the background/appearance of my desktop. I am now getting a black background with a message that reads: Warning Dangerous Spyware... and every few minutes a Warning Security report appears in the task bar."

I have tried downloading walwarebytes and something from pc tools and although I can down load programs, I can not run them. When I click run I get 16+ Application Error messages that read "Exception EInvalidOp in module mbam-setup.tmp at 778500D5. Invalid floating point operation"

How do I fix? Please help!

Your are describing an exploit to frustrate reaching anti-malware sites. Here are methods that have been used recently. The alternative was offered by a new member.

Based on your description, point # 3 (member that used renaming) may do the trick.

1. Since you are discribing a case of difficulty. attempt this method (follow link for 'How To')
    • Use this method to stop any 'non-plug and play' driver that is named in this guide.
    • Please report its name for changes to the method

2. For infections that have more severe symptoms, Unable to run or update via TechSpot 8 Steps or manually run MBAM or SAS

3. Message #3 - link to 'fixit download' has demonstrated its effectiveness in many cases. Go to message # 3 'fixit download'. Part of the method renames the executable to get the application to run. Here is another member that used renaming.

4. Alternative - Web site has a link to download-dot-com - phonetic spelling used
    • There appears to be a connection with 'sagipsul' popups.
    • Read this post. from member.
    • phonetic spelling for web site
      • w.dot-simplysup.dot-com/tremover/download.html

I have this problem as well: my desktop suddenly changed into a black background with "warning dangerous spyware" message. However, all the solutions I can find online involve downloading different things, and it keeps stopping me from using the internet (I am on a friend's computer right now), so that as soon as I load it up, the internet page closes before I have time to download anything.

Any suggestions?

This thread is for the use of kawinkonly. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Virus and Malware Removal Forum.

thaed, use a flash drive to download the programs, then install on the problem computer. Please note message above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back