Watch Nvidia unveil the RTX 4070 Ti: Starting at $799

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: After all the speculation, rumors, and claims, Nvidia looks set to officially unveil the RTX 4070 Ti, aka the rebranded RTX 4080 12GB, at its CES 'GeForce Beyond' livestream event in a few hours. You can watch the entire show live right here at 8 am PT / 11 am ET.

As is always the case with its livestreams, Nvidia hasn't gone into detail about what will be unveiled beyond it being the "latest innovations made possible by accelerated computing and artificial intelligence."

It seems almost certain that the highlight of the show will be the RTX 4070 Ti. To recap, the RTX 4080 12GB's $899 price and the difference in specifications compared to the 16GB version of the Lovelace GPU caused such a backlash that Nvidia "unlaunched" the less powerful card, which it put down to a confusing name. Manufacturers soon confirmed that the RTX 4080 12GB had been rebranded to the RTX 4070 Ti—a move many expected.

While the RTX 4070 Ti's specs are likely to remain unchanged from the RTX 4080 12GB, the question everyone wants answered is its price. The most recent rumors suggest Nvidia will go with $799. That's about 11% less than what the RTX 4080 12GB's MSRP would have been, and many believe it's still too expensive, especially as the RTX 3070 Ti arrived with a $600 MSRP.

In addition to the RTX 4070 Ti, there will be other product announcements at the GeForce Beyond livestream. Nvidia is expected to reveal the RTX 4000 laptop GPUs. A new Twitter leak shows the RTX 4090 mobile GPU performing 55% faster than the RTX 3080 mobile, and it was even able to hold its own against a desktop RTX 3090 in the Geekbench 5 benchmark test. We've also heard that the RTX 4080 laptop GPU can perform up to 30% faster than the flagship Ampere laptop GPU, the RTX 3080 Ti.

Make sure to come back here at 8 am PT / 11 am ET to see what Nvidia has in store.

Permalink to story.

There's no way they won't charge less than $799 as the gap will be too big to the 80 class, which is why they originally tried to scam gamers with the 4080 naming originally. This is a $600-700 max card and anyone paying more than that is a mug.

There's no way they won't charge less than $799 as the gap will be too big to the 80 class, which is why they originally tried to scam gamers with the 4080 naming originally. This is a $600-700 max card and anyone paying more than that is a mug.
Let's say a 4070 card gives 50 TFLOPS. They don't want to sell 1 billion cards for 400$ with 100$ profit each (100 billion total profit) and give the world 50 billion TFLOPS, they prefer to sell 10 million cards for 1000$ each with 700$ profit each (for 7 billion total profit) and give 0.5 billion TFLOPS worldwide.

And not only are they throwing away 93 billion in profits, but additionally people with 50 billion TFLOPS worldwide would have put much more value on each $ than they would have if they only had 0.5 billion TFLOPS.

Let's say a 4070 card gives 50 TFLOPS. They don't want to sell 1 billion cards for 400$ with 100$ profit each (100 billion total profit) and give the world 50 billion TFLOPS, they prefer to sell 10 million cards for 1000$ each with 700$ profit each (for 7 billion total profit) and give 0.5 billion TFLOPS worldwide.

And not only are they throwing away 93 billion in profits, but additionally people with 50 billion TFLOPS worldwide would have put much more value on each $ than they would have if they only had 0.5 billion TFLOPS.
I am not sure what planet you live on, I assume the solar system, but I could be wrong.

But do you really think 99.99999% of the GPU buyers buy GPUs based on the number of TFLOPSs???

I would rather kick myself in the testicles than to watch this arrogant...."person" up on stage.

Likewise, every time I see the greedy c@#ts face these days, I just want to punch it...but I doubt very much he will be presenting this, he only turns up for the unveiling of a new generation.

..Second tier announcements like this are usually left to one of the other minions from Nvidia HQ.

Given that at the peak of the GPU boom only 50 million discrete units were sold, I'd say your math is way off, by orders of magnitude. Also, if you look at Nvidia's Net Profits, in 2021 it declined from about 36% to 20%. So, no, they are not making $700 on a $1000 card. That would be 230% profit ($700 profit on a $300 card). It's not happening. More likely they are making $200 on a card that cost $800 to make, or thereabouts.

LOL. They are only throwing away profit with your made up numbers. In reality they are maximizing profit.

What is this sorcery, truth, voodoo magic, reality you speak of? I thought we all had unicorns and a money tree in our backyards so we can buy these fine expensive products ;-)
I'm truly shocked by the $100 discount with this rebranding, so not $899 but rather $799.
Never expected this, only the name change. I guess Dark Lord jensen has nightmares because of it.

I'm truly shocked by the $100 discount with this rebranding, so not $899 but rather $799.
Never expected this, only the name change. I guess Dark Lord jensen has nightmares because of it.
What I would love to see is this, many influencers said that buying a 4080 was better since the price difference between it and the 7900XTX was minimal.
So are they going to say buy the 7900XT instead of this one, since its also a minimal difference?
Granted, we need proper reviews (good luck on that one) to see the numbers and then conclusion.

Back