Watch the first teaser for Game of Thrones final season, mark your calendars

Julio Franco

Staff member

HBO revealed tonight that Game of Thrones will be back April 14th, 2019 for its final six-episode season. Admitedly, Game of Thrones fans won't need much to get excited, but the 90-second teaser delivers in a way only fans of the epic show will fully appreciate.

Aptly titled "Crypts of Winterfell," it puts Jon, Sansa and Arya walking through the Winterfell crypts, hearing whispers as they pass by statues of past Starks, until they meet each other in the middle and stumble upon statues of themselves. A frosty breeze invades the crypt, they turn back and draw their weapons...

Like the previous season, the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will consist of content not found in current George R. R. Martin's books, with the six episodes believed to be more like mini-movies that will likely come in at over 60 minutes long each. HBO is also preparing a Game of Thrones prequel that will take place thousands of years before the events of GoT, covering the history of Westeros and the "true origin" of the White Walkers.

Also, in case you missed it, HBO premiered the third season of True Detective tonight (that's where GoT's teaser aired). Hoping this third installment is more like the fantastic first season. If you haven't yet, it's a must-see.

Further reading

Permalink to story.

It would be kinda funny to let the "bad" guys win for a once :-D

It would and also incredibly boring. The bad guys in this case are the most boring undead plot armor protected lot I've seen. Game of Thrones isn't good because of the white walkers, it's good in spite of them being the most droll part of the show.

In this case the "Bad Guy" would be Time, I'm sick of waiting and waiting, there's a point where you don't care anymore, I'm almost in the breaking point, I bet lot of people is.

At least I'm happy they did not chose The Walking Dead Route, running in circles chasing your own tail, they got us to don't care stretching **** forever.

It would and also incredibly boring. The bad guys in this case are the most boring undead plot armor protected lot I've seen. Game of Thrones isn't good because of the white walkers, it's good in spite of them being the most droll part of the show.
what did you expect, its zombies. I hope they'll put an emphasis with Daenery's army. But thats unlikely to happen with that frozen dragon *sigh

A minute and 44 seconds to depict "winter is coming" in slow motion. creative! /s

Back