Watch this Guitar Hero player achieve 100% on "impossible" track

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Remember the late 2000s when Guitar Hero and Rock Band ruled the world? More than a decade since the first games in the series arrived, dedicated players are still mastering tracks that would be impossible for us mere mortals. One of these, streamer CarnyJared, has 100%’d a track so complex, one wonders if he didn’t sell his soul to the devil, à la Ralph Macchio in Crossroads.

As reported by Kotaku, CarnyJared, already one of the best Guitar Hero players in the world, is playing the 6th version of Soulless. The incredibly complex tracks are made for the PC version of the game by community member ExileLord. Check out some of their work here.

Only a handful of Guitar Hero players have managed to 100% previous versions of Soulless, and nobody had managed the same feat with the sixth version.

As someone who found DragonForce’s Through The Fire And Flames in Guitar Hero 3 pretty much impossible on anything above medium, watching CarnyJared’s hands and fingers turn into a literal blur as he hits every note is humbling.

The moment this Guitar Hero God discovers he has achieved what was assumed to be impossible is a glorious moment of celebration—and with a bit of profanity, understandably.

If watching the clip brings back fond memories of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, you might be interested to know that Soulless maker ExileLord is working on Clone Hero. This PC game recreates the GH/RB experience and supports the original games’ guitar controllers. It’s free, so all you need is a USB guitar accessory or a wireless version with its proprietary receiver.

Permalink to story.

I miss the good old days of the Xbox 360/ PS3 and Wii.

We had Dance games (DDR UNIVERSE annual release).

Rhythm games... I even bought an ION ROCKER and played the Hell out of Guitar Hero Metallica.
I had double bass pedals. Was invested in decent stocks...

Board games (Chessmaster, Spyglass)

Now all we have is boring, overpriced, scalped consoles with FPS games.

OK, this young lady has apparently been playing "rock drummer: long enough to do a perfect 100% on this Dragonforce track

Trust me, their drummer is a f**king beast. For reference

Herman Li is almost good enough to embarrass Eddie Van Halen

And the comic punchline you all had to know was coming:

Last edited:
It’s amazing what you can accomplish when the federal government creates a fake pandemic and then pays you to stay home and not work. Amazing.

Back