Water cooling and MOBILE audio

By TheLandYacht
Jul 10, 2003
  1. I've seen lots of stuff about water cooling the processor/ram/video/hard drive inside computers.

    What exactly is inside the "cooling block" that is placed on top of the processor/etc? I'd like to fashion something similar to sit on top of the amplifier that powers my car stereo set cuz it gets HOOOOOOT. It seems that all the cooling block is is a sealed container with an open bottom and input/output on top for the water, am I incorrect?

    Has anyone else already done this? does this product already exist and I'm just lookin in the wrong place?

  2. Arris

    Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,730   +379

    You are correct that the water block just contains an channels that the water passes through and takes the heat away from the block (which pretty much acts as a standard heatsink aside from this). I've never heard of a block big enough for an amp.... but I've seen a few projects from people that have water cooled a serious amount of PC parts. From what I've read about water cooling projects you do need a fair amount of milling and other specialist equipment to make good blocks. I can suggest that you take a look at ZeroFanZone. Bladerunner is a moderator at another forum that post at and is usually an approachable guy so he might even reply to an email and pass on some valuable information to you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...