Water Cooling Loop issues

HaMsTeYr

It's been a long time since I last posted on this forum but this has been stumping me as of late.

I have a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer liquid cooling loop for a while and lately they have been acting up. I noticed that my temperatures on idle could sometimes go up as high as 80 celcius, which is absolutely not right.

This happened after I serviced my machine, and I think I bumped the liquid cooling around in the process of it. I noticed however, if I keep knocking my radiator on the side, the reported temperatures get cooler, and I notice that I can feel the hot air being dissipated from the fins (previously cool). The thing though is that after leaving it for a while again, the fins don't seem to dissipate anything, and the cpu temps start rising again.

I have a feeling that there are air bubbles getting stuck in the loop somewhere, but I have no idea how to get them out or at least out of the way in a closed loop.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

Remove the cooling pad from the CPU. Make sure that the top of the CPU is clean. Apply new heatsink compound if it is used and re-assemble

Remove the cooling pad from the CPU. Make sure that the top of the CPU is clean. Apply new heatsink compound if it is used and re-assemble

Thanks for the reply, but prior to this I've tried that more times than I can imagine, with 0 success. I'm convinced that somehow there are air bubbles preventing the liquid from reaching the radiator fins :\

Well then, the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer liquid cooling loop will need to be replaced because it is a sealed system

I decided to disassemble the water block, after reading some stuff online. I was honestly shocked to find that there is so much of this buildup that looks like it's just clogging the liquid cooling loop.

Long story short, for now, I drained the entire liquid cooling and replaced it with water. Temperatures have dropped to 35 Celcius and below when hooked in, so I'm looking to get some custom coolant and throw it into this loop. Should help breath a second life into this liquid cooling.

DQIDWm3.jpg

bYeLIhq.jpg

Back