Water COoLing TeMpS????

Status
Not open for further replies.

porsche911r

hey guys i have a thermaltake bigwater 760i and i got an amd x2 5200 running@2.7ghz the idle temps im getting are 45C and load of 52C this seems wrong to me the pc is near the heater but ive turned the heat settiings down to half.

any ideas why the temps are this high??

any help wud be awsome.

thanks.

Parking your PC next to any form of heat will raise the ambient air temperature and make keeping the chip cool just that bit more difficult. Even moving the case a short distance away from the heat source will make a difference - try it!

albert thanks for the response ive moved the pc i bit further away from the pc i get like 2-3C difference thats it. wud it be better to completely remove the pc away from near the heater or is there somthing wrong with my water cooling system?

Hi
How were the temps when the water cooling was new?
Did you use only a small amount of heat transfer paste - too much is almost worse than none at all!
2 3C difference is 5% - not bad!

ive used artic silver 5 paste and i have used i think perfect amount of paste so i dont think that is the issue.the water cooling system is bearly 3 weeks old so its very new.

I guess would be the thermal paste, that can make quite a difference, because with a water cooling system, it can be assumed that the temperature should be reduced quite considerably unless there is a heat transfer issue, perhaps check that you pump is running fully etc. I don't have any experience with water cooling but that would be my first guess, then too little/too much termal paste.
cheers
Hynesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back