We Cannot Live Without Cryptography!

This was a very detailed article very nice.

I just did Crytography course.

You wasted your time and the article lacks the most critical information. You "CAN" live without backdoor'd proprietary cryptography.

Open Source crypto is extremely dangerous when hidden behind closed source backdoor'd implementations or schemes, or, as Ed Snowden would say......

At the NSA, we don't care if you use the strongest crypto ever created, because we can watch you as you type and edit your message before it is even sent

We can also read it at the other end when it is decrypted. It doesn't matter whether you use a Mac or Windows
All your base are belong to us!

The timeline for Alice and Bob omits the making of the film Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice in 1969, which many suspect has a role in this somewhere.

You wasted your time and the article lacks the most critical information. You "CAN" live without backdoor'd proprietary cryptography.

Open Source crypto is extremely dangerous when hidden behind closed source backdoor'd implementations or schemes, or, as Ed Snowden would say......

At the NSA, we don't care if you use the strongest crypto ever created, because we can watch you as you type and edit your message before it is even sent

We can also read it at the other end when it is decrypted. It doesn't matter whether you use a Mac or Windows
All your base are belong to us!
lol I wasted my time it was 1 of 6 courses to get a cert and I've been in the courses for 2 years but ok. Already have a position lined up that will give me a higher salary just waiting to complete this.

But according to some random on the internet I shouldn't have lmao

I personally don't care what a State agency can or cannot do.

Last edited:
This article is so good, that I couldn't read it all. I lost interest. It's just too much for me to digest after a long days work.

Needless to say I want to read this over a few times. Good stuff. Love history!

We actually didn't need cryptography if people were always honest.. crypto is just another piece of silicon wasted because people like to steal.

Well, there's your problem right there

You don't care who's security is violated as long as you can make a few bucks
No because I know if you get on the radar of one of these 3 letter agencies, there is nothing you can do to prevent them from doing what they want other than being a billionaire with a team of lawyers.

Good article but it contains some misleading information. For instance Turing helped to develop the electronic "bombes" first implemented by the Polish mathematicians in electromechanical devices. They really broke the codes of the 3 rotor Enigmas (the tic tacs led to the nickname bombes).

Phrases like " Unfortunately, methods such as the General Number Field Sieve and cheaper ever-increasing computing power make breaking RSA keys easier." give the wrong impression that RSA is insecure. The largest challenged broken was RSA768 with the contributions of several countries in 2009 after years of work. Usual keys are RSA2048 and the difficulty grows exponentially not linearly

"Asymmetric keys use two very large prime numbers as their starting point. "
True for RSA but not for other algorithms like ElGamal or Elliptic curves (they use one prime)

Back