Webcam on Alienware m15x

my webcam on my alienware m15x has recently stopped being recognized. i went into device manager and tried that but it still isnt working with any of my webcam chat programs. I tried to do a system restore and that didnt work at all. i need suggestions on what i can do to fix this issue, im thinking i might have to just do a full wipe and use the restore disc that came with the laptop but thats my last resort. please help. email me with your suggestions.

i went into device manager and tried that .

Tried what?

Honestly I'd suggest just calling up Dell support (Look in the pouch of information Alienware bundles with their machines). Alienware costs for a reason, and one thing that at least they don't try to get out of is supporting their hardware.

If you don't want to do that, can you give us a little more information such as what application it isn't working in? Full wipes are last resorts.

well i was using Cyberlink youcam a few days ago and the webcam was working fine but now i open it and get the different wide colored lines like you would see if your tv went off the air. im an avid computer gamer and so i know quite a bit about these kinds of computers but it just stopped for no reason. i aquired this off of a trade, so i dont have all the paper work, just a few discs.

alienware m15x resource dvd, alienware microsoft windows 7 home premium 64 bit install dvd

Back