Webserver directory points to wrong internet location

Status
Not open for further replies.

zellyman

weird thing going on here, jeremysmitherman.servebeer.com points to my home webserver, the page loads fine, and everything else. Then go to jeremysmitherman.servebeer.com/pics once again, the directory listing runs fine. BUT when I attempt to go to jeremysmitherman.servebeer.com/pics/bucket or if i attempt to click it from the directory listing, then I get a no content error, with an AnalogX simple server web thingy link at the bottom (go to the sites and look for yourself). my home webserver uses apache with mandrake linux, so the analogX thing is completely wrong. The problem started when I used AnalogX simple server on my girlfriends computer to transfer image files to that computer, could it be a DNS error somewhere? The problem happens on all computers I've tried that on. oh, and If i know the exact name of what im trying to get to (like, http://jeremysmitherman.servebeer.com/pics/bucket/collage_copyicos.jpg) then it works fine. heeeelp!

check your config files look for allow deny setup
indexing rules your server is wide open
as for the other server it may have added a client exe and is running shut it off. check services running on server
I would use gozilla ftp server for transfers on the wan
free and works great.
I am no longer hosting my own site
to much loss of bandwidth
by the way your flash looks good
I am putting together stuff with swishmax and compress with flash mx.swish is just great for a newbie like me
I recompiled this 40 year old virgin

Sorry it took me so long to answer, my network as been down for a while now, ill check the files to make sure theres no scipts running in the back, but the thing is that it works when I use a specific address, is there a way i can see what IP its pointing to when I use that url, I mean, as far as I know AnalogX dosent even work with linux, so theres no way that the address is poinitng to my webserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back