Weekend Open Forum: What kind of monitor do you use?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

open forum weekend open forum wof monitor display screen

After nearly seven years of faithful service, one of my desktop displays is on its last leg. I’ll no doubt be in the market for a replacement in the not-too-distant future so I figured it’d be worthwhile to ping the TechSpot community on the subject.

With this Weekend Open Forum, we are curious to hear what monitor(s) you use. For what it’s worth, the screen that’s dying on me is a 22-inch Chimei that anchors my triple display setup. Feel free to share your make / model in the comments section below!

Permalink to story.

I really like the Benq I got a few months ago. It was half off but would have been worth full price.

I have about 7 monitors total of various sizes from 24" to 37". I have found 32" monitors are my favorite now that I am getting older and my vision is failing me. I have several 24" monitors and one 3D monitor. I have two 32" Vizio monitors and one 27" monitor. I really want a couple of these monitors which would replace several of my screens for programming (not for gaming). I should probably wait for a model that has HDMI 2 but I still might get one if someone would put it on sale again
Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV

Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. It's an older 22" monitor. But it's still looking good after all these years. 1680x1050

My current monitor is a two year old Asus VE247 - 24" 1920x1080, LED backlight. I have had no issues or problems with it at all.

My wife is still using my Hyundai 19" LCD (1280x1024) that I bought 10 years ago, but it is starting to look a little dim and washed out.

Samsung S27B350H 27" 1920x1080 60 2ms LED, HDMI and VGA in, light weight. The colors are nice, sharp and bright. It is well worth the price.

I use an Acer S231HL. It's 23 inches, 5ms, 1080p and lacks an HDMI port. It was on sale for $88 at Wal-Mart, but I got it for free because I brought back my old burnt out monitor in this ones box and got my money back.

Using a couple of 27" Dell 2707wfp monitors in my home office. I bought them several years ago and even today I love the color reproduction and overall output quality -- money well spent. At the office I've got a couple of Benq monitors, those are a year old and not of the expensive kind, but they do the job. My laptop is a Macbook Retina 15" and it's by far the best "monitor" I've got. Looking forward to the 4K transition for desktop monitors, that's when I'll upgrade.

Dell 30" IPS I picked up from Kijiji for $450 ..works and looks great!

my 2x 680's struggle with the resolution tho...

Back