Weekend tech reading: Who owns your data when you die?

Matthew

TS Evangelist
After we die, our bodies are reduced to dust or ash, through burial or cremation. The fate of the digital corpuses we leave behind is rather more complicated. Before the advent of internet-hosted storage and services, your digital remains would...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53398-weekend-tech-reading-who-owns-your-data-when-you-die.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

dividebyzero

trainee n00b
Who owns your data when you're dead?
If it takes that long to relieve me of my data, then a Chinese supercomputer maintained by a group of political detainees are falling down on the job (maybe due to having too many body parts harvested by the government?). Hopefully, when it happens, keen followers of TechSpot will notice the difference when my posting devolves into
OP: My CPU temps are too high. How do I lower them?

dbz: U in Luck! U-Lucky Electronic Co. have all your extreme cooling solution just a credit card or Western Union wire transfer away. If you can no afford the best then follow this link* to see how I made $69 per hour online RIGHT NOW!

Sent from my Huawei Almostaniphone6

[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]*You tried to click the link, didn’t you?[/FONT][/SIZE]

Reactions: cliffordcooley

jobeard

TS Ambassador
Personal Identity info belongs to me,

whatever I post (anywhere) belongs to no one/everyone because I lost control of it when I clicked [POST/SUBMIT]

G

Who owns your data when you die?
Ill just delete all my data before I die. If any one wants something from it, they can call up the NSA for a backup copy.