Weird 9800Pro Crashing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me?!

Just put in a 9800Pro, and it crashes back to boot on some random apps and games.

For example, Half Life 2 and Doom 3 run sweet, but on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Flatout (Demo) and any of the official 9800 demos I get a black screen then the boot prompt.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the resolutions/opening the game in a window as my card runs more intensive games.apps with no probs.

Have reinstalled via drivers, directx and tried all the radeon drivers known to man. Any help or ideas would be great

Connect 3d radeon 9800pro (No Overclocking)
Athlon Xp 1900
512DDR
Soundblaster Audigy
560GB combined HD

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you right click my computer select properties and then the advanced tab select settings under startup and recovery and uncheck the box that says automatically restart, also set the write debugging information to none and click apply.

Now when your computer crashes you will receive an error message telling you what caused the stop error.

Pay particular attention to any drivers that are identified in the stop message.

Regards Howard

:wave: :wave:

Brand?

Just curious, but what brand is it? I have a Saphire 9800 Pro 256 and it is full of problems. Do the restarts for the less intensive apps happen right away when the are opened, after they are running a while...how about the length of time that your system has been on? I am just thinking that possibly this is a heat related problem... Let me know. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back