What are your top must-have PC games?

Polycount

TS Evangelist
Staff member
Hi, everyone.

I had a quick question for you all today: what PC games do you think everybody should have in their library, even if they don't necessarily play them constantly? They can be aging classics like the original Doom games, they can be ongoing multiplayer titles like League of Legends, or even a more recent (comparatively speaking) singleplayer RPG like the Witcher 3.

With that said, try to think of games that are more than a year old. I want to hear what you consider to be the best of the best, the quintissential PC (or multiplatform) games that you think have defined industry in some way.

To name a few of my personal picks, I'd have to go with Skyrim (to justify: it was the reason for the Steam Workshop's creation, and it bolstered the PC modding community as a whole considerably), Half-Life 2, Divine Divinity, and Baldur's Gate 2.

Thanks in advance.

erickmendes

TS Evangelist
- Forager, really addictive.
- Invisible Inc, turn based tatical stealth.
- Heroes of The Storm, my prefered MOBA.

Keontae

TS Rookie
I personally dont need more than one game, but im waiting for AOE4. I rarely buy games because I usually get dissapointed so I cant really buy 30 games just to find that one game that I will enjoy.

erickmendes

TS Evangelist
I personally dont need more than one game, but im waiting for AOE4. I rarely buy games because I usually get dissapointed so I cant really buy 30 games just to find that one game that I will enjoy.
I got 300 games on Steam account... But I spent 90% of my gaming time on Heroes of the Storm. You are quite right, I regreat 90% of my gaming buys... Still I can enjoy a lot more than one single game.

neeyik

TS Evangelist
Staff member
Baldur's Gate 2
Assassin's Creed 2
(uh oh...bit of theme building up here)
Batman Arkham City
(nooo, it's another sequel)
BioShock
(saved!)
Call of Duty 4: MW
Civ 5
Company of Heroes
Deus Ex
Doom
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy VII
GTA: San Andreas
Half Life 2
Kerbal Space Program
Mass Effect 2
Portal
Quake II
Silent Hunter III
(dang...back to sequels)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: X-Wing
Thief

All of these games have consumed hundreds and hundreds of hours of my life, and I regret not one second of any of it :)

Reactions: Route44

Route44

TechSpot Ambassador
Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal Age. The impact these games had on the industry cannot be underestimated. Fantastic plots; well written, and the levels very challenging.

Baldur's Gate 1 + the fantastic addition Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
Morrowind and Skyrim
Gothic 1, 2, and 3
Risen

More modern: Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 and Divine Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 with 2 being one of the best RPGs I have ever played.

* Can you see a pattern here? :cool:

Latest posts