What can I do, new XP reinstallation problem

i'm glad i found this forum and hope to get help from it,cause ive been chasing help for almost 12 hours now
so question

i just reinstalled xp and everything got formated,so i have no sound card,softwares,lan,e.t.c all the softwares and some hp softwares/drivers i downloaded wont install they each give me closely related error (i think its my drive D that has problem)

some of the errors i get when trying to install softwares and drivers are related to the images in the forum links posted,i cant post links so just combine the url,sorry for inconveniences passed out

please i need help seriously, i cant install anything or hear anything all i can do is view images transfered from my phone, wireless isn't installing because of this.. meaning no browsing, i'm browsing with my moms laptop

Ive been to two different forums, one of a bit help one of none,but just incase you need to see questions ive been asked and my answers,urls are

forums (dot) techguy (dot )org/windows-xp/947578-software-drivers-installation-arror (dot) htm

tech-pc (dot) co (dot) uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=71643

Can you post the error messages? Also, what service pack do you have installed? I tried your links but no success. Perhaps it was just me though.

the error messages are much and in different formats, please have patience to combine and view the urls but in summary t
he error messages
involve me not having admin privileges(and i do)
and the software i'm trying to install not being able to create folders in drive d: (where i installed xp)

I run service pack 2

Problems with XP re-install.

Do you have a drive C: with Windows OS on it? And another drive D: where you want XP installed ? So you did a Format D: and also made it NTFS?
Do you log on as a 'User', and there is an 'Administrator' also ?
Do you have XP or Vista on a recovery partition at the start of the drive?

If the XP installed ok right through to the desktop, you should be able to connect to a router with CAT5 cable to get all the drivers and MS updates.
Try a program that scans your pc and D/L all drivers you need.
Try 'drivereasy'

Once you have got XP up to date, your other programs should install ok.

Back